Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Winter Has Come and Cleo's Struggle with Face Issues

Hi all,
Well winter decided it wanted to visit the southern part of Wisconsin. It snowed yesterday and the snow stuck. It wasn't a lot of snow, just enough to cover the ground in a white blanket. It was also enough to need to scrape off my car (it initially was raining or sleeting I think, because then it froze!). A lot of it has already melted today, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing more snow pretty quick. I will try to actually be good about taking a picture too. I just hope we don't have a blizzard like the one we had last December. It shut down the city I live in (a big city). The mall shut down a week or two before Christmas if that's any indicator for you. I think it was something like two or three feet of snow in day that we got that day. Pretty insane. The snow plows were pretty much only on the main roads and interstate that day. Many, many people got stuck, including the squad cars that were trying to get to people to help them get unstuck! So yeah, no thanks, we don't need that degree of snow at once this year. My fingers are crossed for nowhere near that much snow.

As the title states poor Cleo (one of my kitties) is dealing with face issues. Since we adopted her last April she's had on and off infections and irritated scabs on her lips. The vets decided maybe it was an allergic reaction with some cat acne tossed in there, I so did not know cats could get acne. Well, yesterday I took her to the vet again and now they are thinking on top of allergies and acne that she's got an auto-immune disease that causes her to get ulcers on her lip. I was given a liquid steroid to get her the next couple of days to see if that helps get things under control. I also bought some fancy, and expensive, hypoallergenic food for her in hopes that it will help calm the acne which might be irritating her lips to the point of giving her ulcers. She at least doesn't seem to be in pain or bothered by it, unless I'm holding her still trying to get a look at it.




(Here's Cleo in a silly sitting position in case you forgot what she looks like!)

I switched from plastic food dishes to ceramic ones as well, I saw on a few forums that that has helped with cat acne issues. I've purchased some cat wipes too called Nature's Miracle that should help with the acne too. That won't help the ulcer though, which I was rubbing on the ulcer too before I knew it was an ulcer and the vet said that probably would hurt, oops :(.... I'll try to keep you updated on how she's doing in the upcoming posts!

Here's Bailey deciding this was his way of helping the quilt finish drying. He gave me quite the perturbed look when I folded it later once it was dry. He apparently rather enjoyed that as a laying spot.

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave comments :D!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment