Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Caffeine Problem and Word Wars!

Hi all,
Sorry it's been several days since I last posted! My days are all kind of meshing together, I can't wait for November to be done. I think NaNoWriMo is feeding into my caffeine problem:


I don't have a fancy thermos, so I ghettoed it up and brought two coffee mug thingies with me to class the other day. To be fair I was there ridiculously early so that I could get parking and have time to write. I just got the silver one (it's a fancy-schmancy NaNo one :D) so I totally poured the coffee from the pink one into to silver one. Still, that's a lot of coffee... probably not good for me. I think today I'm going to be all defiant-like against my coffee maker and not make any coffee. We'll see how successful that is since both cats work me up around 5:30 and then kept nagging me. I do think I drink double or even triple the amount of coffee during November than I usually do the rest of the year, that's crazy scary really.

Last night I discovered the fun of word wars! Basically you and some other people figure out your word count, then you write for fifteen minutes straight. Then everyone stops and you see who wrote the most in those fifteen minutes. I participated in two word wars last night and I got 1220 total words between the two fifteen minute segments! I don't know how having that challenge helped to push me to write so quickly then, but man if I could keep that writing pace up for an hour I'd have my word count in! Maybe I can trick myself into thinking I'm in a word war....

I can't believe it's already November 20th! I've written 57,148 words so far. It's looking more and more possible that I will actually get to 80,000. I've also totally promised myself to splurge on something if I do get to 80,000 as a reward (my splurgy reward). It's totally something silly that I've been wanting for years but couldn't actually bring myself to buy because it is costly. I think this is helping me motivate myself though :D. I wrote just over 4,000 words yesterday.

And to end, here is a picture of Bailey transfixed by Chris playing Dance Dance Revolution:

Thanks for reading!
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment