Friday, November 15, 2013

NaNoWriMo Update

Hey all,
I've been doing my best to keep up with the daily word count which I've been able to do so far. It's just been more challenging than the past couple of years, I realize it's mainly because I'm making myself write more words than necessary for the typical NaNo word count. The type of story I'm writing is more challenging for me too, I'm really concerned it's not scary at all and that's what I'm hoping to do, make it scary!

I started getting unmotivated the closer I've been getting to 50,000 words since if I did stop, I'd at least be done. However, my motivation was reinvigorated when some of my friends that I'd thought had given up went to town and wrote several thousands of words in a day (one wrote 10,000 words!). Seeing this made me want to do my best not to give up! Thanks friends :D! As it stands now, I've written 45,057 words so far in 15 days. Let's see if I can keep it up. Only 34,943 words left to go.

On a super positive note, Cleo's lip is looking better, the swelling has gone down that had been present, but the ulcer is still there. I think the ulcer has gotten smaller as well, so maybe the the steroids were helping. I'm out of free samples from the vet, so we'll see if things change, that will help figure out if she needs another course of steroid treatments or not. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment