Monday, December 23, 2013

I Think Sears is Holding my Car Hostage

Hi all,
Hooray! Class is done for a few weeks, just finished my last class of the semester on Saturday (the 21st). Although I still have to wait for my grade, at least I can sigh with some serious relief that class is done. It was a pretty informative class too!

Alright, so now time to get to the title of this post. As of Thursday December 19 because my heat was once again no longer working--only cold air was coming out of the vents even after being in the car for an extended period of time. So I bring the car back in, I know I really should stop bringing it there....unfortunately they are the only place with openings in the area and I can walk home from the auto center.

Anyhow, after they figured out what was wrong with my car on Thursday they told me it was the water pump this time. Fun fun. And then they said they didn't have anyone that day that could specifically work on it, but there would be someone in on Friday in the morning. So I was like ok, I want the person that knows what they are doing to fix my car. Makes sense right?

I was told it was projected to be done by noon on Friday. After hanging with my sister for a bit while she shopped at the mall, I decided to just hang around for two more hours to wait for my car to be done (Sears Auto is right next to the mall). I go over just after its noon to find out my car isn't done yet, that they discovered that the engine needed some special thing to prop up the engine so that it doesn't fall out and that it wouldn't be done until Saturday. Sigh.

I hitch a ride to class figuring it will be done by the time I get finished with class at 1. That was silly of me. I call only to find out it is STILL not done. They need some special tool or something, I don't really know, but that it would be done at 5. I worked 4 to 7 that night so clearly I couldn't pick it up then. The sales rep was even reminding me of the incoming snow storm. I was well aware, but unable to do anything else about it.

Sunday morning I call at 10, figuring they may need a little extra time just to get to the auto center because of all the snow (we got approximately 6 inches total I believe). Alas. My car was still up on the thingy for fixing. Awesome.... Supposedly it will be done today. We'll see. All I know is I am NOT paying more in labor because it's taking them so long. If they say I need to because it's not their fault that it's been taking so long than I'm going to just have to ask if that means they are saying it was my fault for bringing it to them. All I know is there service is so far not earning my business.

Sorry, rant over! I learned today how to clean up an alkaline battery explosion, quite proud of myself for not having to ask my husband to do it for me :). Also, Bailey trying to be sneaky!





He was hiding under Chris's winter coat. Cleo had totally being playing with that pink and blue ball until Bailey did a surprise attack on her. It was kind of funny.

Thanks for reading!

Melissa

P.S. Happy Holidays and/or hooray for a day off this week for most people!



No comments:

Post a Comment