Friday, December 6, 2013

Is it the Cold Deterring Me or am I Just Lazy?

Hey all,
So since the Hot Chocolate Run in November I really haven't jogged at all. I ran on Monday this week, but I haven't been able get myself to jog since then. I don't know where my motivation that I had from September to November went! I'd like to blame the wintery cold outside, right now (at 10 am) it's 10 degrees Fahrenheit, but it feels like -1. I don't even know what it was at 7:30 when I try to do my jog at, or at least when I had been doing my jogs prior to the Hot Chocolate run. Too bad I don't have a treadmill in my apartment. Some day I plan to, but for now I need to walk like five minutes to my apartment complex's main office where they have a decent gym. If anyone has suggestions on how to motivate myself, please share!

Here's a writing prompt for any of you writers out there! Write from a non-human perspective. It can be from an animals perspective or an alien's or even an inanimate object if you are feeling daring. I found this prompt here (Writing Prompts). But I am going to take the writing prompt suggestion one step further, write from the non-human perspective about a devastating event, it could be a deadly crash, a war, even the end of the world. Give yourself five minutes Now. GO!


Here is what I got, maybe five minutes isn't enough, that or my brain is rusty:



Lights flashed from the sky as Princess gazed out the window. They were so bright she shut her eyes from the suddenness of it all. Her humans were running around the house yelling in their drab ways. Princess didn’t even care to listen. 



She stood from the window, stretching all of the kinks out of her back, then she took in the panic of her people. The noisy picture box was on, there was red at the bottom of the box with something in white scrolling quickly. Red-orange color consumed the room, originating from the world beyond the window. Princess snapped her head back to the window, her humans ran to the window as well. 


Thanks for stopping in! I hope some of you try that writing prompt, I'm sure you'll do way better than me ;D.

Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment