Sunday, October 20, 2013

Snooze Ninja, my Car, and Writing

Hi there!
This all happened yesterday but I was one busy lady between school, work, and hanging out with some friends and meeting some new faces. Anyhow, I apparently am a snooze ninja. I set my alarm just as I did every other day to ensure I got up early for class, but I swear it never went off. I do not remember shutting off my alarm and my husband doesn't remember hearing it (on a semi-unrelated note he usually doesn't notice my alarm unless I'm sleeping on my left side [I'm deaf in my right ear], sometimes he's nice about waking me up, once he just kind of pushed my face over, I was surprised by that wake up!). But it was set! I use my phone as my alarm and it's a saved setting so I know it has worked every other day. So I have concluded that yesterday morning I was a snooze ninja. The only reason I ended up waking up a half hour after my alarm supposedly went off was because Bailey was going crazy pawing at the wall--he's such a strange cat sometimes. This weirded me out, I several times checked the other clocks in my apartment to verify the time, in my sleepy brain I think I was almost hurt my alarm didn't wake me, I know bizarre.

Oh the joys of fall. It's a beautiful time of year, but what comes after fall reared it's head yesterday, I had to scrape my windows before heading off to class. Winter can be very beautiful, but I'm not ready for it! It was just a sad, cold reminder that winter is coming ( ;) ).

I've had my car for almost a year now and since getting it I noticed the seal on the driver side door at the bottom just hung down lazy-like. I was finally motivated to do something about it and I'm kind of amused at what I did, so I thought I'd show you all.


It was cheap to do at least. Hair ties, two paper clips, and one of those bigger clippy-things that probably have an official name. It seems to be working so far. I've got extra hair ties and paper clips in my car in case it needs repairs.

Finally something about writing! I make myself go to school early for the purpose of having a very quiet, non-distracting place to write. I've been working on this novel for sometime, bouncing back and forth between other ones--it's my biggest hurdle to writing/finishing things. I decided at random to add a new character so maybe that will help motivate me to write more of that story. NaNoWriMo is just around the corner though, so it will take the backseat to that story once again. 

Thanks for reading and visiting!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment