Friday, October 18, 2013

For the Love of Legos and a 5k

Hey there,
Last night my husband and I and some of our friends totally busted out our Legos, all of us are in our 20s+ and boy was it a lot of fun! I stayed up far too late organizing Legos last night as I dug through the rather large container of Legos. Balthier (orange kitty aka demon cat) was completely perplexed by the Legos, almost ran down our hall with a piece too. I forgot just how much fun Legos are and, as if I need any more distractions from homework, I think it's a good idea to keep them out for the creative process ;)!






The days opposite of my writing schedule I've been jogging 5k (3.1 miles). At first it was just a challenge to jog even a mile, but surprisingly I've been keeping up with it. I'm even running in the Hot Chocolate 5k in November! I don't really know how I've been managing to drag myself out of bed in the morning and go straight to jogging, maybe the treadmill in my apartment complex doesn't seem so bad? I'm not sure, but I think it's finally become a habit for me. I started in the beginning of September/end of August. I think it's been my goal all along to get decent at doing 5k so that when my sister gets back from Singapore we can do a 5k together. Maybe because I wasn't forcing myself to do this to "be healthy" or "get in shape" is why I've been able to keep it going. We'll see once the snow starts falling though!

Thanks for reading and visiting!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment