Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Writing Prompt and a Slightly Swollen Face

Hi all,
Here is a writing prompt I did with my writing group a few weeks ago! It was pretty fun and pretty silly. There is a princess trying to eat a pie and someone is trying to stop her for some reason. It could be upped to an end of the world kind of situation even. You have 10 minutes. Go!



Have you done it? Great! Feel free to share in the comments section. Here is what I ended up writing:

     All she wanted was a nice slice of the apple pie her great aunt made for her. She smelled it baking long before she saw it.
     "Here snow dear, have some pie, I've made it just for you."
     Snow reached her hands out excitedly, the smell tickling her nostrils playfully.
     Just as she was about to take the plate a stout man, the realm physician, with a big white beard knocked it from her reach.
     "Don't eat that!" He shouted.
     "But why?" Whined Snow.
     "How rude of you, shoo you old kook." Snow's great aunt hissed. "I'll slice you another piece dear." She smiled, but her crows feet didn't deepen.
     "Come this way Princess." The gruff voice of the stout physician's brother blared. "Quick."
     Soon several pairs of hands were on Snow's arms pulling her from the kitchen.
    "Where are you taking me?"
    "To a safe place Princess Snow." The overly happy one said.
    "He's waiting there to keep you safe." Said the exhausted one.
    "He? Who is 'he'?" Snow demanded as she tried to rip her arms free from the wee men.
    "The Prince from over the mountain. He warned us of your peril, he'd had a vision, but was too nervous to enter a kingdom his family wasn't on good terms with." The physician said.
    "You trust him?!" Snow struggled further. "He of all people is liable to harm me, is he not?"
    "He spoke the truth, you'll see once we get there. Trust us dear Princess."
    On they dragged her down the hallway and toward their cottage just outside the castle in the enchanted forest.



Well there's what I got in the ten minutes allotted to us. I hope you found it silly if nothing else. As the title states for this post, my face is slightly swollen since my wisdom teeth were removed yesterday. I don't full on look like a chipmunk and only one side even looks swollen compared to the rest, so I can't complain!

Thanks for stopping in,
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment